Friday, February 11, 2011

How Cuba is (and is not) like Egypt (VI): Twitea la flaca

yoanisanchez (Yoani Sánchez)
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   In the images I see of Tahrir I'm impressed by the quantity of cellphones you can see in the hands of Egyptians
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   We couldn't see live images of Tahrir plaza, but at least a few retransmitted fragments were included in the mid-day news broadcast
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez  My phone doesn't stop ringing. This is like a press agency, everyone calls looking for info about I can't complain!
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez  They put a few images of  on state TV. Impressive! Freedom is tremendously contagious!
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   Who said we need illuminated leaders in order to change things?
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   Revolutions are no longer made by armed people dressed in military fatigues. Now they are carried out by citizens with cell phones and Twitter
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   Right now I feel like I'm in Cairo, I cry out and celebrate along with them. I call all my friends and tell them: One dictator less!
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   The censors are right to fear social networks, right now I'm here with no access to the Internet and nevertheless finding out what's going on
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez  Authoritarians have no political color, it does not matter whether they say left or right, they are authoritarians and that's it, obsessed with power
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   Although Cairo is far away there are too many analogies between us and those faces gathered together there in Tahrir Plaza
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez  To speak in  about the longevity of the regime in  is like mentioning the rope in the house of a hanged man
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   A 30 year cycle ends in  while we continue under 5 decades of our own authoritarianism
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   Incredible! I call one of my Twitter followers and he put me the live sound of the TV by phone and I heard  leave
Ic_reply 
 
Yoani Sánchez
yoanisanchez   I am receiving sms with the news that Mubarak resigned the presidency of  Is it true? Please confirm this for me at +5352708611
Ic_reply 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment